It involved all the things young girls dream of: house, car, kids, a huge wedding, husband, shoes, money etc.
![]() |
| Not my car. |
Looking at where I am in my life is quite depressing when I look at where I wanted to be at my age.
I haven't hit the "be married and have twins" point in my plan - that's a few years down the track - but it sure isn't going so well.
1. Yes I have a car and a job. That's a positive. Not everyone can say that. Great! What an ego booster... except for the fact that my car is banged up & will be going to my parents in a little under 4 months when I move. My job will also be either put on hold until my sabbatical is complete, or will be thrown into the wind without a backwards look. I'm putting my money on the latter. Simply because I can't stand working there any longer.
![]() |
| Not my husband... yet |
3. Money. There's never enough, and I already know I'm going to be living like a poor uni student, possibly as terrible as a crack addict for the next 2 years. Moving to one of the most expensive cities in the world will do that to you. Not to mention I don't know how I'm going to go job-wise. Without money - there can be no shoes or other luxuries.
I should probably mention that I have been sleeping on a mattress on my friend's floor for about a fortnight now (and it doesn't look particularly promising for the next few weeks).
I have to keep reminding myself that it will all be worth it & that I will have some amazing stories to tell my friends/family when I'm done - but being (technically) homeless is not exactly a walk in the park.
Gosh! It's only the 2nd post in & I'm put up an emo post already? *SHAME* Well, at least you are getting to know me a little bit better - that's a plus, I guess. I promise they won't all be like this.



No comments:
Post a Comment