![]() |
| What a touching story... |
Some basics first:
1. Russell Brand is a hottie!
2. While I was aware this was a musical, it really didn't sink in until the first song (which was in the first 30secs of the film)
3. My dad looks a bit like Tom Cruise... so that was awkward.
The story is pretty straight forward. It's built around rock hits from the 80s - think more glam metal than rock metal. (No Metallica). The music was chosen to appeal to the biggest crowd possible - all those 80's hits that EVERYONE knows including: "We built this city", "Nothing but a good time"... plus others from Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Journey, Guns 'n' Roses... etc etc.
Tom Cruise, Russell Brand, Alec Baldwin, Catherine Zeta-Jones & many other big names star in this film. Some of the voices are surprising, others less so.
My friends pretty much summed up the movie in one sentence. "It's a movie length episode of Glee" - obviously without the dramas of high school. Also I don't watch Glee so I wouldn't know how accurate this is.
I wouldn't go in expecting some stellar script-work - though there are a few zingers & hilarious jokes mixed in. It's a feel good movie, plain & simple.
![]() |
| So famous! Can't go anywhere without being recognized. |
When Russell & Alec sing their song, I got all misty eyed (I am extremely embarrassed to say)... of course that could be because I was imaging myself standing in front of Russell while he crooned away. One day...
Other than that, the weekend was a success. Pretended to be Russian all Saturday night - managing to stay in character through a round of KINGS - very impressive.
It was actually a really quiet weekend. Though after the last few weekends definitely feels good to be able to just chill out with some mates.
UPDATE: There is less than 3mths until I head overseas. Visa application will be sent off this week & fingers crossed everything goes through speedily without a hitch. My hairdresser has assured me her visa application went through with no trouble - I should hope mine will be the same.
I will have to upload some of the modelling photos I have when I get some free time. You haven't missed much. Laptop is back & regular posts will resume again soon (on ALL blogs).
What did you think of the movie? Will you see it? Have you seen the Broadway version? Was it better/worse?


No comments:
Post a Comment